COVID19/Corona Virus Guidelines for Nova Members and Cyclists
Harrogate is currently in Lockdown restrictions.
- You can ride as part of your daily exercise.
- You can ride with members of your household or one person from another household.
- Stay local and ride only once a day.
- You must obey social distancing rules with other road users and pedestrians.
- Social distancing for cycling is 1 meter plus. Being outside counts as a “plus”.
- Do not ride into a Tier 4 area.
A warm welcome from Harrogate Nova, Harrogate’s oldest Cycling Club.
Anyone joining a Harrogate Nova club ride is expected to abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibly and sensibly. Riders are responsible for their own safety and must ride in a manner that is safe for themselves, other riders and road users.
The club organises a number of races and events throughout the year. Harrogate Nova has been a long standing organiser of the reliability ride series and also arranges Open Time Trials, British Cycling Road Races and Cyclocross Races. Please see the Promoted Events Page for more details.
Evening Time Trial League
From Spring to Autumn there is a weekly evening time trial league which is kindly supported by Beech House Dental Practice of Ripon. The evening league is very popular. There are a variety of courses ranging from flat speed courses to more challenging hilly events. The back end of the season includes a trio of hill climbs based on Norwood, Darley and the Scar House private road. Please note that this series is only open to first claim and existing second claim members.
Membership and contact
If you’d like to know more about the club or if you’re interested in joining us please see the membership info available here.