Nova Open 10 Saturday 24th September

The open 10 takes place on Saturday 24th September. HQ Arkendale Village Hall 2 pm.

Moderator: duncan

duncan
Site Admin

Nova Open 10 Saturday 24th September

Post by duncan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi all,

The Nova Open 10 is on Saturday 24/9, first off at 14:31 on V212 Arkendale Lane End to Walshford. I really need volunteers, apologies for the usual but:

Please don't think you don't have to volunteer because you don't do TTs. I don't like fashion, but I'm the club kit man, I don't like journalism, but I do the reports, I don't like admin, but I'm the club secretary. Oh and I also organise two open TTs. I have never done a road race, but I volunteered and I don't do cross, but I volunteered for that as well. There are a small number of people who do a huge amount in organising events and to be honest it's mostly great and fulfilling but the very worst part is the worry that we are not going to get enough volunteers to put the event on (right up until the last moment with this year's RR and some clubs have had to embarrassingly cancel theirs) and having to harangue people to volunteer. It might mean sacrificing a club ride in the morning, so you can volunteer in the afternoon, or even doing a task that can be completed before or after the event. Sorry to go on, but I want to avoid the stress of not having enough volunteers until the last moment. This event is probably requires the least number of volunteers but it still struggled last year. On with the show.

I need:

these roles can be changed if required, I'm just filling them up. Note we need more than just these roles because of the number of riders, so someone doesn't have to be out for two hours on a roundabout.

pusher off (Rob and Tim)
number catcher (Ben W)
results relay at finish (Duncan)
results coordinator at hq (Andy)
kitchen staff (Caroline, Bev)
4xmarshal (2 on dyuty at a time) at Walshford (Richard, Matt, John W, ????) - note we need numbers catching here (i.e. write down each number as it passes)
car park (everyone)
setting up flags (everyone)
clerking (Simon C)
We also need reserve marshals, help at the HQ

lots of cakes

PhilippaM

Re: Nova Open 10 Saturday 24th September

Post by PhilippaM » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Happy to be a marshal at Walshford. Or number catcher if required.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:11 pm

Thanks Philippa! I'll allocate duties as the volunteers build up. The marshals at Walshford will be required to check riders off, as there has been a recent controversy at another club's open event.

Holly

Post by Holly » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:20 am

Hi Duncan, Bev & Myself are happy to help.
A nice none energetic task for me would be appreciated (peaks day after).
Cheers Andy

HeatherT

Post by HeatherT » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:44 am

Sorry Duncan,

Steve and I will be away that weekend. Hope the event goes well

H

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Thanks Andy,

blimey, are you sure? Something sat down? I'll think of something.

Have a nice time Heather.

MattD

Post by MattD » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:23 am

Hi Duncan, I'm happy to help, I'll try my best not to break anything before this one!

Tim.Jarvis

Post by Tim.Jarvis » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:10 am

Hi Duncan

I can help out, and bring the family and their cowbells to encourage the riders to greater exertions!

Tim Jarvis.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:58 am

Thanks Matt and Tim,

try not to break anything during and after too. Although I suppose a teacup wouldn't be so bad. No bollards on the course either, I had Krus-, Krie--, krudge-, that Dutch guy who leaves his coathangers in in my fantasy Vuelta team.

DGlover

Post by DGlover » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi Duncan,
Sandy will help (it's good to volunteer others!). I'll help if I'm not riding it, otherwise happy to help set up / clear up.
Duncan