Road Race 2017

Moderator: duncan

DGlover

Re: Road Race 2017

Post by DGlover » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Sandy will help with the catering, she's planning to make some veggie minestrone soup (let me know if it begins to look like there could be too much food)
Duncan G

john.t

Post by john.t » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:34 pm

I am now available to help with this event. Nothing too technical please.

daveymorrisuk

Post by daveymorrisuk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks. I think we are ok now.
However, if you want to ride around and feed the marshals biscuits as you pass I'm sure that would be appreciated.
Dave

p.s. email to all those who've volunteered to help will be sent out on Weds.

daveymorrisuk

Post by daveymorrisuk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:52 am

Hi all,
Just an update. We have a complete set of helpers now, so thank you very much to everyone who's come forward.
We have 70 in the men's race and 20 in the women's race so it should be a good turnout.

I'm afraid I've lost the plot as to who has said they can bring cakes and buns. Could you email me, reply here to let me know if can help?
Also, Bev has suggested that you can drop buns and cakes etc at her house if its easier. Andy has promised not to eat all of them by Sunday.
Bev can be found at 102 Tennyson Avenue in Harrogate.

Thanks again and see you Sunday.
Dave

Holly

Post by Holly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 pm

All cakes dropped off will of course require testing prior to sale. :-) Andy

daveymorrisuk

Post by daveymorrisuk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:32 pm

what's that did you say? #nomnomnomnom

terribletim

Post by terribletim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:33 pm

I think the gear measurer may need some to test so that the juniors don't try to bribe him with cake!

daveymorrisuk

Post by daveymorrisuk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 pm

I think you all need to fire up the oven to gas mark 6 and get your pinnies on #bakeoff

daveymorrisuk

Post by daveymorrisuk » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Just a quick note from me before i pass out to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who helped out today.
There are some great photos of riders desperately trying to glab Prologue water bottles. A bit warm wasn't it :shock:
I had some really nice feedback from one of the female riders who complimented us on how friendly we all were. So, one again a big thank you.

EleanorH

Post by EleanorH » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Just to say a massive thank you to Dave and everyone that helped with the road race. So glad I decided to throw caution to the wind and have a go in my first ever road race after my early morning swim session. I felt a sense of trepidation as my legs were cooked from spending a delightful Saturday morning on the A168. Coming up the hill in the neutralised section with burning quads I wondered what on earth I had been thinking to sign up. And no pressure after seeing Dave at sign on, with the sage words, "you know you can't ride it like a time trial or a triathlon - be prepared to go above threshold. quite a lot". :shock:
Well, I definitely didn't want to end up my own, doing a time trial, as that wasn't the point of being there, so made it my mission to go with every attack if it killed me. I really didn't think I'd get in the front bunch and stay there all the way round so I was pretty excited. I forgot about the prime after one lap and had to ride very hard over the top to get back on. It wasn't nearly so spicy in the second and third lap. Me and another diesel tractor Helen from Kendal buddied up to push the pace on the chaingang effort along penny pot as it got a bit coasty. Which was all well and good until I missed the break go on the final turn at Norwood and saw too much daylight. I'd say the cheering on up to the finish definitely helped me dig in one last time. Thanks to all the novas out in support. Apparently I need to work on my race face - too much smiling!