Nova Road Race Sunday 14 June 2015

Moderator: duncan

richp

Re: Nova Road Race Sunday 14 June 2015

Post by richp » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Paul, completely missed all this and didn't get the email for some reason? Richardp@cgl-UK.com. I'm thinking of heading out for a quick ride and planned to come and watch the end of the race but happy to help, I'll drop you a line in morning, or let me know by text pal. Cheers

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi Rich, sorry didn't see your post til after the event. I've amended your email address, cheers.

Thanks to all who helped today, particularly given the miserable weather! The race was a great success and all Dave's organisation seemed to have paid off, as we've had some good feedback from riders.

Thanks to our drivers, Simon Cave, Ted, Greg, Ian C, Sally, Steve, Bruce and John Reid from Prologue who also generously provided sponsorship for the event.

Thanks to our sign on team, Simon K and Niall.

Thanks especially to our marshals who braved the cold and rain for over 2 and half hours, Warren, Andy Hunt, Tanya, Darrell and Esme, Ben Sheddon, Hannah, Rob Senior and Vaughan.

Thanks to Paul C for judging timing with assistance from Andy H and Al M.

Thanks to our village hall refreshment volunteers, Margaret C, Fran, Bev and to Heather for the chilli. (Not sure who the other lady was?)

Lastly, well done to our Nova riders, it looked really hard in tough conditions - Corrine, Alison, Tom, Matt, Mike and Huw.

Really hope I haven't missed anyone, if I have, please let me know.

I'll try to get some photos uploaded shortly.

Cheers, Paul.

Ted

Post by Ted » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:28 pm

Far too modest to say but thanks also go to Paul Lehan who organised all the help on the day, even managing to get me there on time (almost) with a master class spreadsheet. Respect.

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:04 am

Thanks Ted. It was Dave's spreadsheet, i nicked it then adapted it. Watch this space for spreadsheetgate!

Ps. Meant to also say thanks to all who provided cakes etc, a great spread of food!

Ted

Post by Ted » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:39 am

Either way it was another day to be proud of Nova for putting on a great event. I spoke to a a few of the women riders after who really appreciated a proper tough course for a road race and great food.

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:25 am

The other 2 helpers in the kitchen was Steve Smales mum & dad who were a great help - they stepped into help as Heather had damaged her eye and couldn't make it on the day (got some grit in it whilst swimming). We hope your eye is improving Heather. Off course we mustn't forget Sally who organised the tea making etc. provisions and also made some of the chilli/rice which was delicious. Thank you to everyone who helped to make it another successful promotion for Nova
Margaret

AlisonSarmiento

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Yes, thanks to everyone for putting on a great race. I'm not sure about that 'proper tough race' stuff though...can we have an easier one next year? ;)

Seriously though, it was a great first road race experience. Thank you.
Alison

AlisonSarmiento

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:01 pm

By the way, I left my red cycling rain jacket at the HQ yesterday. Does anyone have it please? I gave it to Niall at the start who took it into the HQ and I completely forgot about it afterwards. Thank you.

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Alison All the leftover clothing was taken home by Dave & Sally - I did notice a red jacket amongst them. Phone them.
Margaret

huwspacey

Post by huwspacey » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:08 am

Thanks to everyone who organised and helped on the day, as someone who took part in the race AND watched from the side I thought the whole event was very well run.
I wanted to do well in club colours and was very confident of doing well on the day, but had a quad injury in my left leg come on near the end of the first lap and decided quickly not risk it. I had treatment on it yesterday, it's not bad but would've become much worse had I forced it on the hills again. I know I didn't let anyone down but I would have loved to have been amongst the points in a Nova race in Nova colours, sorry! :oops:

Well done Matt Dalby for finishing what looked like a war of attrition in the main group, there were a lot of tired legs on that last climb by looks of it