Sunday 16th June- Hawes

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

AlisonSarmiento

Re: Sunday 16th June- Hawes

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Wow that was a long one Geoff!! Thank you for your company on the first half of my ride. The cafe at Hebden was open ( I think they do B&B so they are open early) and was as lovely as you all described. I made it to Pateley to see my nephew doing his last lap of the CX course and caught the first half of the adult race before heading home.
Alison

dennis

Post by dennis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks Geoff for a great day out! No one can say you cheat on the miles - 25% more than it said on the tin! Turned out to be a "Magical" mystery tour and me being an incomer I've now seen most of the bits of North Yorks I hadn't seen before!! Good riding Mike - put in some great long spells of front running when the pace dropped.

It was good to make maximum use of the long daylight hours, they'll be gone before we know it. Only one question really - where was everyone else?
Dennis

Mike Hutchi

Post by Mike Hutchi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Thanks for an enjoyable day out: route was great, my legs felt like they had done enough climbing even if the mountain goats could have done more.... When is the next one?!!!