Ladies Ride Sat 2nd March ??

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

AlisonSarmiento

Ladies Ride Sat 2nd March ??

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi, I didn't manage to make it out on the last Ladies ride and was wondering if anyone fancies heading out on Saturday? Francis has said she may up for a ride...any one else? Probably planning to head out 9/9.30 for 3 hrs ish + obligatory tea stop. ;)
Alison

EleanorH

Re: Ladies Ride Sat 2nd March ??

Post by EleanorH » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Hello
Definitely planning to head out on Saturday. I planned to go a little longer, so maybe I could join you to start, then might peel off after a couple of hours to extend my ride? Which way are you thinking of going? If there is a cafe conveniently at say 2 hours ish, that'd be ace!
Let me know where and when to meet. I can head out any time :)
Cheers
Eleanor

AlisonSarmiento

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi Francis suggested Pateley Bridge via Brimham Rocks and back via Darley (I think) so a caf stop in Pateley probably makes sense and gives you onward options.

Shall we meet at the Knaresborough Texaco at 9 then we can head out via Lingerfield, Bishop Monkton etc?
A

EleanorH

Post by EleanorH » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:58 pm

That sounds fine with me. I can double check with Frosty exactly where that texaco garage is, but sounds ok! See you there.

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Just a thought but some of Nova crew are meeting at POW at 9 for a fast ride, would be good if we could all start from the same place but no worries if it doesnt work

AlisonSarmiento

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi Eleanor - if you're coming from Harrogate through Starbeck, over the bridge at Knaresborough back up the hill past the Dower house Hotel on the right through the lights to the second set of lights at the junction with knarebsorough High Street. Bear left onto Boroughbridge road, past 1000 sets of road works and the garage is on your right, just before the newagent and chippy.

Hi Mike - I'm guessing your bionic hip is going well if you're out with the fast boys!! It probably doesn't really work for me to head to Harrogate first as we're going out through Lingerfield but I think it's a good idea in general to have a joint meeting point. Enjoy your ride.
Alison

EleanorH

Post by EleanorH » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks for the pedal ladies. Trust you made it back ok? Cracking tailwind on Duck Street - even put it on strava, despite being stuck in the 53-13 with my legs going round like the clappers :-)
Happy to have tested another top caff. Just the one flapjack showed a lot of restraint for me.... Like you say, happy to not be 'ladies only' in future, by any means. Was just a nice way for me to at least start meeting some other cycling girlies.
See you soon!

AlisonSarmiento

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Great to meet you Eleanor and to get out on the bike in the sunshine!
Alison