Weekend dawn raids!!

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

markQ

Weekend dawn raids!!

Post by markQ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Weather looks cracking this weekend, but my training diary (wife) has laid down the law and kyboshed any hope of a civilised club ride. I am going to have to resort to an early couple of hours saturday/sunday, 730am starts. Hilly and hard one day and fast and flatter (definitely not flat) the other. If anyone else has been subject to similar unreasonable demands, happy to share the pain at sunrise over the weekend, Mark ;)

ps: fully expect to be riding alone :cry:

duncan
Site Admin

Re: Weekend dawn raids!!

Post by duncan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:17 pm

I thought 9:15 at Ripley was a dawn raid. What you want to do is be a completely grumpy pain in the arse then she won't be able to push you out of the door quick enough. It works, so I'm told.

markQ

Post by markQ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

:idea: Maybe you could come round and have a word on my behalf!!!

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Working Saturday Mark, but hoping to get out Sunday morning at some point, but 7.30 is a bit unsociable!
Mrs Quinn, 7.30am is far too early to meet, please can Mark come out to play later!?

markQ

Post by markQ » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm

The woman's not for turning!!!

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am

You are clearly the ideal husband and this is patently where you are going wrong.

I plan to be out at an earthly hour on Sunday. 9 am, Prince of Wales roundabout? Maybe the title of this post will put people off though.

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:37 pm

I plan to be there assuming no-one jumps out on me on the way!

Lattern_Rouge

Post by Lattern_Rouge » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Mark,

I can sympathies with your situation and I think you will find that the answer is to take the "Dawn patrol" to an extreme. You get up no later than 5am on Sunday ensuring that you wake the wife at the same time, (Throw the covers back, bang the cupboard and bedroom doors etc. Ask a few inane questions " can you see my socks? Do you want a cup of tea?) Once in the kitchen cook your porridge in the microwave ensuring that you let the "Beep/beep" sound for a full 30 seconds. In preparing your bike for the ride ensure that you go out and come back at least 6 times on each occasion bang the door.

By this time the wife will be fully awake and will start complaining, however you can calmly reply that it is the only way that you can get some essential exercise in whilst satisfying her request that you are around the house on Sunday morning.

You then "tootle off" on your 4 hour ride around the Dales marvelling at the sunrise 3 hours later.
You will be in the "dog house" all week, but the following weekend she will not be so keen to see you setting off on the "dawn patrol" and you'll be back riding with the Club Ride.

markQ

Post by markQ » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Its always great to learn from those with knowledge and experience. Your advice will not go untested ................ is it premature to start a collection for the rehab I may need afterwards :oops:

richp

Post by richp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm up and away at 4am tomorrow, don't worry I'm in car dropping the wife a Leeds station for the early train to London!! Will get a early pram run in though afterwards, take car on the icy roads, rich