Night rides

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

markQ

Night rides

Post by markQ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Anyone keen on doing some midweek riding? I'm trying to get out tuesday and thursdays, steady 1 1/2 - 2hrs, while the weather holds. May end up around Pennypot a couple of times tonight or further afield if weather holds, any takers?

jeroen

Re: Night rides

Post by jeroen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Mark, I would like to join you. Since I have just joined NOVA, where do you want to start?

markQ

Post by markQ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I'm in Knaresborough, but happy to meet H'gate or K'boro, depending on route. Easy on time, can't really make earlier than 630pm, happy to ride later if it suits and roads quieter too. Weather looks good tomorrow, any thoughts? Mark

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm in the 'centre' of Hgate. We can start 7.30pm. What is a good starting point for both of us? beginning of penny pot lane?

markQ

Post by markQ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 am

730pm, Taxi rank opposite army training college on Pennypot lane would be good, at the junction of the link road to the A59. Look forward to it. Any other takers before snow, ice and the full force of winter arrive and the back bedroom becomes the only option?? :oops: :shock: :o :x :o :( (Don't care what the smilies stand for, but all could be the face of indoor training)

Mark

markQ

Post by markQ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Great to welcome another new face to the club tonight. Great to get reacquainted with a couple of circuits at Pennypot too. You can't beat a winter ride under the stars!!!

markQ

Post by markQ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:08 pm

OK, so spending more time cleaning the bike and drying my gear this week than riding the bike! I'll be giving tomorrow a miss :cry: and staying indoors :shock:

Really keen to keep up the midweek riding, so will be aiming for tues/ thurs next week, Pennypot or Asenby, Mark

martin

Post by martin » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi Mark, Great idea.....I am up for a lap of pennypot before the chaingang starts again, hopefully then, it will not be such a shock when it does! Call me soft though, only if the weather is good! Tuesday is the best night for me, its looking grim this week, fingers crossed for next?