August 1st - Medium + ride (groups of 6)

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

MCullen

August 1st - Medium + ride (groups of 6)

Post by MCullen » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:03 pm

Hello all

Hope you and your families are safe and well.

Anyone interested in restarting the Medium rides again?

As it’s warm and most are riding summer weapons, was thinking of a ‘Medium +’ pace.

If we get a good number we can split groups based on pace. BC is recommending groups of 6 so we can divide as appropriate.

There are a few new Joiners to the Nova Club and a few who maybe haven’t been out on a club run for a while so happy to use this run as a good one for all abilities.

Would be good to not drop riders on one of our first Group rides this summer.

Small Groups, No drop, no snot!

Let me know if interested and we can arrange departure and routes etc.

FTSE

Dave S

Re: August 1st - Medium + ride (groups of 6)

Post by Dave S » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:42 am

Yes please

m.morris

Post by m.morris » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:57 am

I'm interested for sure.
M

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:35 am

With my chairman's hat on. See the guidelines on the Nova front page {taken from British Cycling). We cannot meet in groups over 6 people. This includes a meetup where you would potentially be splitting into groups of 6. I suggest that you do the splitting online (please no lurking riders) and meet on the go, out of town. This forum is still not visible to people who are not logged in (i.e. non members).

My lad would love to come but we are in Scotland for the next three weekends.

MCullen

Post by MCullen » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:58 pm

Hello All

Given the heightened activity over past few days I think it would be prudent to not have an organised ‘medium’ ride until this latest development settles down.

I’ll prob head out on the Nova Club Route to Grassington mid morning so may see some of you on the road if you are heading that way.

Take care

FTSE