Saturday 12th May - Medium paced ride

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

m.morris

Saturday 12th May - Medium paced ride

Post by m.morris » Fri May 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi everyone.

Usual time and place for the medium paced group tomorrow? Starting at Knaresborough at 0915 (Promise I'll be on time!) at the junction of Tentergate Lane and the Boroughbridge Road opposite the garage.

Two weeks ago we did a popular run over to Ampleforth and back at a brisk pace with some hills thrown in for good measure. I've tweaked that route to take in Oswaldkirk as well. Details below:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/16154321

Its circa 60 miles setting off and returning from Knaresborough and we can stop at the coffee shop in Ampleforth. More than happy to do alternatives.

Mark

PS. Re. last week I'll make sure we avoid main roads in the future wherever possible if I'm posting the route. Makes you appreciate Alison's organisational skills!

Ted

Re: Saturday 12th May - Medium paced ride

Post by Ted » Sat May 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Great ride out Mark and a new café discovered, thanks!

Anyone up for organising next Saturday?

RichSalden

Post by RichSalden » Mon May 14, 2018 11:59 am

Sorry I couldn't make it this week looked like a good route, i can't do next week either. But I'll work on a route for the bank holiday Saturday 26 May, it should be bucketing down!

m.morris

Post by m.morris » Mon May 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Cheers Ted/Rich.

Greenfly swarm apart it was a good run out and the café is a nice bonus. I'm happy to organise again tbh but welcome alternative routes or courses.

Did 2 stoops for the first time at the weekend. Not as bad as I thought compared to Greenhow and the ride over the top is fantastic. Tempted to incorporate on a new course....

Ted

Post by Ted » Tue May 15, 2018 3:17 pm

I’ve got a nice course that takes in 2 stoops. Well it’s not so nice, but if that’s what folks want we can do it Saturday.