Acorn 2012 Sponsored Bike Ride

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

Ted

Acorn 2012 Sponsored Bike Ride

Post by Ted » Fri May 11, 2012 9:20 am

Alison & I are going to take a spin round this charity bike ride tomorrow, an other riders welcome. Register 7:30 for 8:00am start. 100 flatish km and all for a good cause "The Acorn Committee Raises Funds for People with Dementia and their Carers in the Harrogate and Ripon Area". Last time I did this ride I was impressed with how well marshaled and catered this was, especially given some the lacklustre and more expensive 'real' sportives out there. Start/finish Bishop Monkton, parking can be a bit crazy, better off riding if you are local. Plenty to tea and cakes at the end!

http://www.acorncharity.org.uk/index.ph ... &Itemid=31

DaveWrightson

Re: Acorn 2012 Sponsored Bike Ride

Post by DaveWrightson » Fri May 11, 2012 9:51 am

I'm doing this with a few of the Cappo riders. Apparently it's pan flat...so much so I was tempted to do it on the TT bike and do it as a training session, but then realised I'd look a bit of a knob lining up next to auntie ethel on her shopper bike! No doubt see you there :)

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri May 11, 2012 10:11 am

agreed a TT bike could be a bit OTT

DaveWrightson

Post by DaveWrightson » Fri May 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Might tape the vents on my road helmet instead haha

Ted

Post by Ted » Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm

A super event once again this year in sunshine if a little cold at 8:00 this morning. At the start the organisers provided zipvit gels, sunscreen and puncture kits (very thoughtful), well marshalled as ever and the best tea & cakes of any event bar none. All for a donation to charity. Alison met her goal of first female rider back for cake covering the 96kms in 3:16 (elapsed time) and Ted was first Nova rider home if Dave (Cappucino shirt) Wrightson can be overlooked. Chris Spital got home in well under 4 hours from what I could tell, great ride! Highly recommended.