Rides this weekend 21st and 22nd

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

gregkett

Rides this weekend 21st and 22nd

Post by gregkett » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Hello all

The sportive season is just around the corner so I was hoping a few of us could get together for rides on both days and get some quality miles in. 8.30 POW on Saturday - riding out towards Gargrave? We can pick up any of the Pateley crew a bit later if that fits. I would like it to be sociable and start off steady so that anybody wanting a moderate ride can start with us and ride to the cafe or peel off when they feel like it. (I'll carry a stick in my pocket and if Big Mike starts winding it up I'll throw it into his wheel!) Weather may be a bit mixed but keen to brave the elements whatever.

Also 9ish Sunday POW - Similar format. Keen to hear feedback.

Greg

daveymorrisuk

Re: Rides this weekend 21st and 22nd

Post by daveymorrisuk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Working sat:-( keen Sunday.

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:35 am

Super keen for both days, rain or shine im in and on the summer bike, it needs a good ride to bed it in. It would be awesome if we can tie in with those wanting to do a moderate ride and as the Guv suggets maybe peel off towards or after a coffee stop. Would be good to get a good Nova train at the start and see everyone. As for sticks in the wheel........ still got a few in there from Sunday. PS we all know its the Kettinghams that are the culprits, especially if the kettringham nemesis Glen T is riding!!! (which he wont be) phew

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:54 pm

I'll be out on Saturday, but not Sunday this weekend. If it's wet I'll be on my winter bike. I assume we are meeting up with Rich P & heading out with them? If so has the start time been agreed?

richp

Post by richp » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:22 pm

HI guys

i'm in for meeting up, see post under Moderate rides for anyone that is interested?

cheers
rich.

gregkett

Post by gregkett » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Hello all - I know I suggested 9ish POW tomorrow but after Simon put Big Mike and I to the sword today I'm feeling a tad on the tired side and will be sleeping in tomorrow morning. Great ride though today. It was good to get a good group of us up in Leyburn for a sociable coffee

Greg

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:01 am

Hear hear, great to get a good group of us out! Great pace and company too. Thanks Guys.

PS, Simon put the serious hammer down on Bishopdale and shelled me out the back as if someone had attached a parachute to my back......... Took me 10 miles to recover!!! oh dear Fred, etape, Wrynose are going to be be no fun!! :-) The kettringham duo are starting to hit some serious form!!!

PPS - Mr Caswell also looking like a very sharp return to fusual scintelating form, little birdie told me he carved it up on the lofthouse to patley road, which probably means he did the same going up lofthouse too!

I got to get some bigger cycling friends :-)

richp

Post by richp » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 am

i thought ali and i must have stank the way paul just dropped us and rode over to lofthouse alone, he even had time for a quick climb to middlesmoor, before we caught him. Heading from lofthouse to pately at 25mph on their tail was also hardwork, i think we even overtook a car!!

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Sounds like good rides all round!
Just to be clear, G & BM were on their winter machines.... I still couldn't drop Greg & Mike still managed to drag us down pennypot at 37 mph!!

richp

Post by richp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 pm

you can tell when big mike comes down pennypot, the wind turbines swing round the opposite way and spin ten to the dozen!! abit like the air surge infront of a high speed train!!

i'm sure he will take off one day with those huge lats just like concord......booooom - bang!!