Structured Group ride 20th August

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

terribletim

Structured Group ride 20th August

Post by terribletim » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:06 pm

This Saturdays group ride will be slightly different. The aim is to ride out the Scar House to either watch or particpate in the time trial, have food in the cafe and then if feeling up to it cycle back, or do a Ted and get a lift back from your other half.

I have done this for the last two years and it makes a good day out, route is https://www.strava.com/activities/379974985/route and we need to leave Harrogate a bit earlier than normal so thoughts are 08:00 at the texaco garage , I won't be there so you will have to self organise and then I will be leaving Prince of Wales roundabout ( by trinity methodist church ) at 08:15 , please can you post if you are riding out so I know to wait

The format of these rides will be the same as they have been to date i.e. riding as a structured group (slow chain rotating on the whistle / shout from the ride leader) at approx 24-26kph (15-16mph)

Hopefully the ride won't be as eventful as I hear last weeks was

Bring rain jackets

Cheers

Tim