Saturday July 9th - Reli style Dales Ride

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

huwspacey

Saturday July 9th - Reli style Dales Ride

Post by huwspacey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:49 am

Jamie Tweddle from Alba Rosa has been in touch (saw him yesterday) and he asked me to extend this invitation to you, you know who you are! ;)

Simple format - 120 mile turn up and ride Reliability Ride style blast into the Dales. Optional cafe stop in Hawes. No obligation to regroup, bragging rights to the first back to Lawnswood. Beers at the finish mandatory. Go hard, or go to the train station!

Route: http://www.strava.com/routes/5032766

Meet at Lawnswood Arms LS16 7PH

I reckon this has a few of the likely lads names all over it. Matt Clements, Jimmy Parvin, Andy Cunningham have all confirmed.

gregkett

Re: Saturday July 9th - Reli style Dales Ride

Post by gregkett » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Hmmm - looks like everyone's thinking about this one Huw!!! I'd be keen to join in but can't see the point in riding to Leeds to come back again. Would be more interested in picking them up en route as they ride through Ripley, joining them until Hawes with a definite cafe stop there. Happy to wave goodbye to any that want to bat on at that point. I don't think you've said when the meet at Lawnswood is. I reckon they'd be going through Ripley 40 to 45 mins after leaving The Lawnswood Arms. Any thoughts from anyone else..?

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Appointment with a hangover, enjoy!

RobBeagley

Post by RobBeagley » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 pm

There'll be a strong crew out & Jimmy Parvin was keen to get a few Nova jerseys in the mix - Would have been keen but I'll be suffering Mantis' fate - got the heavy drinking neighbours round for dinner Fri so I'm not planning on doing a lot on Sat other than usual ferrying the kids round & shopping for my granddad - rock'n'roll!!! Have a cracking ride

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 am

Would love to be on this but can't get a pass for a full day. Also, weather looks a little wet!

frosty

Post by frosty » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:22 pm

Think i'm going out for a pootle early on.

huwspacey

Post by huwspacey » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:42 am

forgot to add that I wasn't doing this myself, thought it may interest a few of you tho. I've done enough 'hard' miles recently, 3 hr max for me for a while