Otley Reliability

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

BigMike

Otley Reliability

Post by BigMike » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Great ride today guys! strong Nova performance. Greg, Simon, devasting attack on the fell, split the group wide open!

Thanks guys, bring on the next adventure!!

Big Mike

simonkett

Re: Otley Reliability

Post by simonkett » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Really enjoyed it today - the ice added a little bit of excitment too!

Greg was the only one who could hang with Jonny Brownlee & his buddy, I got shelled out, but luckily got back on when they were held up in traffic :D

Big Mike - just gets stronger..... you did a lot of work on the front today - Very worrying! 8-)

Mantis

Re: Otley Reliability

Post by Mantis » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Wilbers, Nudders & I quickly realised we'd made the wrong move sneaking off early - straight into a very cold head wind! The group caught us at Barden Towers where there was the usual confusion on the route, but most went the main road way to Burnsall -- then it was all out hell! I some how clung on through Hebden and Grassington hiding at the back, then we turned for Threshfield from Kettlewell with a tail wind - it was very fast, about 30 riders singled out doing 35mph!! The Burnsall climb was the final straw for me, but well done to Greg, Simon K & BM, fantastic effort. Can't wait for the chain gang tonight! mmmmm!