Steady ride Feb 11th

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

BigMike

Steady ride Feb 11th

Post by BigMike » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Mantis, Geg, myself and hopefully a few others, are planning a steady ride on Sat. Planning a 9am meet at POW and probably about 40 to 50 miles steady and maybe even a cheeky coffee!!! Pace definitley wont be too high as the reliability will hopefully be on this Sunday and Greg has his reputation to defend, although the mantis may well take a few town centre signs to earn a thirst for the birthday beers on the evening. Would be good to see a good turnout and have a bit of banter!

BM

frosty

Re: Steady ride Feb 11th

Post by frosty » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:17 am

I'd like to come out for this, so far I'm up to 42hrs at work for 3 days, so cycling hasn't been high on the priority list this week :-(

Hopefully see you 9am sat. steady ride.

Niall

P.s. I've seen that the mantis has secret form just now. be careful on those sprints!

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Goodman Niall, will be good to see you!

Mantis is secret training all the time! The monocoque and Mantis cycle to work and back every day! And dont get me started on "livng the easy life "Greg...... he is always out the Glen T........ its going to be a competitive year!!! :-)

Mike

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:28 pm

I think you two must be referring to one of my green winged friends! If secret training comprises riding once week into work, drinking quite a lot and eating far too much, then I'm flying!!!! See you int morning for an enjoyable steady ride ......
PS. Greg can't make it now .... so could be very steady!

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Great ride today guys, Mantis, Niall, Ali M, Wilbers and Nudders! Good steady ride and a few cheeky town signs. Thanks guys, enjoyed it.

Niall, i owe you massively for the gloves, thought i had actually lost all my fingers!

PS Boys are all looking sharp for early season!!

PPS Dave M........ 15 hours a week on a turbo...seriously! my money is on you for the TdF this year!