Easter weekend - Big Ride

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

huwspacey

Easter weekend - Big Ride

Post by huwspacey » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:48 pm

I am wanting to plan a decent hard ride Easter weekend , possibly up near 100 miles or so in the Dales. I understand we all have different availability and commitments that weekend with family/church etc

I can do the Saturday, Sunday or Monday so can be flexible around everyone else. I thought I'd put it out there early to give people a chance to sort passes etc and discuss which day is going to work best.

This time last year myself, BMW and Si K did a route: Timble, Askwith, Ilkley, Bolton Abbey, Burnsall, Threshfield, Airton, Settle with a lunch stop, Climb up to Silverdale, Down to Halton Gill, Grassington then home via usual route. This was a great day, we nailed it with the weather, which will prob be the other factor in planning. This route might be good as it gives people an option of riding with us to Burnsall and and then heading home via Appletreewick if short on time, or in BMWs case a need to stay closer to Harrogate.

What do people think?

HarryBD

Re: Easter weekend - Big Ride

Post by HarryBD » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:59 pm

I'm a maybe

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:24 pm

I wouldn't mind if I'm allowed. I'm racing on Good Friday and won't be allowed on Easter Sunday though.

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:01 pm

I can potentially do Saturday or Monday. Maybe we should firm up a day a bit closer to the time when we have a better idea on the weather?

It was a really good ride last year Huw :)

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:14 am

Yeah I'm ok as long as I don't have a new addition to the family by then! Can only commit on the day really but if I can I will be there

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:14 am

Yeah I'm ok as long as I don't have a new addition to the family by then! Can only commit on the day really but if I can I will be there

huwspacey

Post by huwspacey » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:07 am

Simon - It really was a great ride with a couple of climbs I had never done before, into and out of Settle. Lunch stop was decent.

Saturday would be my preferred day but as you say, weather will need to be the dictating factor.

Mike, the option will be open for you but sending Helen and yourself positive thoughts, very exciting time!! First child is always late ;)

"where were you when your first child was born?"
"halfway up Silverdale putting big time in to my club mates"

Tomd

Post by Tomd » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Huw, Good call! I can do Sat or Sun - can't do Mon or Fri. "Silverdale" Worden?! T

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:21 pm

You don't want to risk missing the birth Mike, it's worth it for the gas and air. I seem to remember being quite relaxed.

huwspacey

Post by huwspacey » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:20 am

fingers crossed for good weather Saturday then