Structured Indoor Training Classes

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

huwspacey

Structured Indoor Training Classes

Post by huwspacey » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi All

I wasn't sure where to post this, so Im happy for it to be moved somewhere more suitable.

I have been in negotiations with Lear Fitness on Montpellier Street to start running structured training sessions using Stages Power Indoor bikes. To cut to the chase, the sessions are going ahead. My plan is to run several classes a week working on threshold and anaerobic capacity over the winter. In order to take part it is a requirement that you either undertake an FTP test or have already done some testing to establish your power zones. If you have tested with Craig Stevenson for example, then you will already have this data. If not, I am running a couple of FTP sessions this coming Saturday (5th December), with classes starting on the evening of Wednesday 9th. Further testing sessions will be setup in due course for those cannot make a Saturday but want to attend classes.

Interest has already dictated that I am going to have to run several sessions to accommodate people, so hopefully this will be a long term thing. If you want to know more, please could you contact the gym on 01423 709844 or drop in to chat to myself or whoever is there at 4-7 Montpellier Street, Montpellier Quarter, HG1 2QY

I hope to see some of you of you there

t.k.tony

Re: Structured Indoor Training Classes

Post by t.k.tony » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:14 pm

How much is it going cost us for the evening classes and the FTP sessions. And is it contract yearly or monthly payments. TK.

t.k.tony

Post by t.k.tony » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:16 pm

:idea: :?: How much is it going cost us for the evening classes and the FTP sessions. And is it contract yearly or monthly payments. TK. :?:

huwspacey

Post by huwspacey » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:43 pm

sessions are up to an hour and priced at a tenner each. However, the gym are offering incentives to block book. If you buy 9 credits for £81 you will get the FTP test for free and also get a free consultation with Elise Mailloux, physiotherapist and Pilates instructor.

huwspacey

Post by huwspacey » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:45 pm

credits can be used for any sessions at the gym, not just indoor cycling. I use mine for pilates classes