Harrogate Turbo Ladies

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

EleanorH

Harrogate Turbo Ladies

Post by EleanorH » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:03 am

Fran and myself have started up a Thursday night turbo session for women. Last night was week two, with eleven ladies pedaling away, including Lucy and Bev Holgate. It's just an informal session, not coached (although I provide a session plan), but if anyone else is interested please find the facebook group Harrogate Turbo Ladies for info.

Happy training :-)

BigMike

Re: Harrogate Turbo Ladies

Post by BigMike » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:40 am

Sounds a great idea - have you heard of something called Zswift - you could all do it through there, highly competitive and be would be interesting! Anyway, just an idea :-)

We should set one up for the guys too!

EleanorH

Post by EleanorH » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Looks fun Mike - it is this? http://zwift.com/what-is-it/
However, we have a mixed group and not everyone has gadgets coming out of their ears, or is all about competitiveness in October.....! We are awaiting the arrival of Mrs Sarmiento to the group as she has promised us some decent tchoons and poor Fran's iphone with no extra speakers wasnae cutting it. That will help liven up the 'entertainment'. Last night was just whose darth vader breaking was the loudest once effort levels meant the chit chat died down....!
But maybe something to look into in future - cheers.

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:43 pm

yes that is it. Trust me it is hugely competitive and fun. you can log on, and create a group and then race each other - it has full strava KOM's and everything. I do it with some friends from london, we all log on from our different locations and race each other - great fun. Anyway, just an idea