Club Ride 22nd Jan (Slow Group)

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

chriss

Club Ride 22nd Jan (Slow Group)

Post by chriss » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Meet at the Prince of Wales roundabout, 9:30am (Same as the Moderate group)

25 to 35 miles or so at a steady, Slightly less moderate pace!

As with the other group.....
Route to be decided nearer the time.

All welcome, and we'll ride at a comfy pace for everyone, Great for people new to cycling. We wait for everyone (normally me).

As with the other group
We can either do a coffee stop halfway, or it the weathers crap just push on and find somewhere in Harrogate for a post ride analysis without that horrible feeling of having to get warmed up again! Lets say Cafe Rosso ;) in Harrogate!
Thanks

Chris Spittal

chriss

Re: Club Ride 22nd Jan (Slow Group)

Post by chriss » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Hello

Thanks to Dave Jennings for being my companion on the "Steady ride". It was very windy heading down Darley Hill!!

We completed a 32mile route over to Pateley Bridge and back to Harrogate. We stopped in Pateley for a coffee and made a quick stop at Stiff cycles as Dave had never been.

See Garmin Link below. Normally we would have need faster but the wind really did batter us....

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/143680957

...... I have got a few busy weeks coming up with work so won't be out as much as normal. I will be hitting the Turbo and Gym when away!!

See you all soon

malcolm010

Re: Club Ride 22nd Jan (Slow Group)

Post by malcolm010 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Well done bud think you ended up doing more miles than us ,must have a look in Stiff some time not being myself