New to Harrogate

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

albaya

New to Harrogate

Post by albaya » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi guys

I’ve just moved up to Harrogate from Sheffield and would like to come on some rides with Nova. Do you have club rides on a Sunday? When/where do you meet? Do you run a chain gang/ fast ride during the week?

Thanks

John A

markQ

Re: New to Harrogate

Post by markQ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:33 pm

John,

most rides are posted on here for either sat/ sun riding, so keep an eye out for meeting time and place. Pace for faster rides 19mph + and sl slower for mod/fast rides. Usual 3-4hrs with some hills. Chaingangs regularly in Leeds and York tues/thurs which some members attend. Mon chaingang/ training ride at Pateley bridge 7pm. Tues, chaingang Pennypot circuit happens early season, but once TT league is running fades away, but meets 645pm opposite army foundation college on Pennypot lane. Other rides are sorted offline with like minded members training/ riding together. Keep an eye on the forum, or if you plan to ride post and see if anyone keen,

Mark

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi John
Mark has already suggested you look on the forum for club rides as we don't have a specific club run. If you are living in Harrogate it might be as well to join the Nova 2nd claim (presuming you are staying with your club in Sheffield - normally we are not accepting 2nd claim membership but we would make an exception as you are living up in Harrogate). You could then take part in the ev. TT league on a Wednesday if you wished (although only 4 events left this season). You would also get access into the club forum and get to know what else is happening in the club. Membership is just £12 and, due to it being late in the season, it would cover you until end Oct 2015.
Any further info. contact me (or my husband Vaughan - club sec.) on margaret.caswell@sky.com
Margaret Caswell
Treasurer

albaya

Post by albaya » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi Mark and Margaret
Thanks for the information and I'll keep an eye on the forum for rides on a weekend. Thanks also as I did some laps of the penny pot lane circuit tonight, a tough course! I'm sure I will join the club though I would prefer to come on a couple of rides first, so I'll email you.
Thanks
John Albaya