TDF Club Ride(s)

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

richp

TDF Club Ride(s)

Post by richp » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:04 am

I was thinking of having a ride out on the Saturday morning on Day one of the Tour, possibly over to Otley/Ilkley to watch the tour go past, with aim to ride back over to Harrogate to get the BBQ lit (weather permitting :!: ) and beers out with family to then watch the stage explode over buttertubs and head into the fan park on the stray for the finale......I know a few others were thinking of a ride out somewhere on the Saturday, just thought it would be awesome if we had a full crew all sporting Nova Jerseys all on the side of the road somewhere together?

I am also on leave on the Friday, the day before and am contemplating a ride over parts of Stage 2 to see the Yorkshire artwork in the fields and to see the excitement growing with campers and fans arriving for the best seats in town? could be a good day out...any takers?

Finally, those that are heading to the O2 for the opening ceremony on the Thursday..anyone want to meet for a beer before or afterwards to make a night of it?!

cheers
rich.

AndyG

Re: TDF Club Ride(s)

Post by AndyG » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Excellent plan! Definitely up for a ride on Sat morning on closd roads! Somewhere around Otley would be best - be great to see them flying by from the road side. I know a few are interested in heading up to Harewood but I think it will be particulalry rammed - road side view would suit me! Baby sitting on Friday so will have Florence on the back of the mtb cruising round Harrogate and taking it all in. Am up for a beer before the Thurs team presentation. What time are you heading over? By train? cheers, Andy

frosty

Post by frosty » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:04 pm

We're heading up to kidstones on saturday, early doors. PM me if anyone fancies that.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm definitely up for a ride on closed roads. Not sure I rate your chances of doing that, the Buttertubs and the finish though Rich.

richp

Post by richp » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Duncan....Buttertubs on the TV in front of BBQ back in Harrogate!? not on bike, otherwise I would have froome dog on my wheel! its a gentle leg spin over probably Timble to drop down to wharfe valley and choose a location....im looking at maps for best option...unless any other ideas? I have family at my house all day so cant disappear all day...unfortunately!

simon.cave

Post by simon.cave » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:51 pm

I'm up for a ride sat am.
Anyone interested in meeting early at Ripley? and heading for masham (via grewelthorpe / or lofthouse if time)
and following the last push of the tour road from masham to harrogate?? A61 will be a pleasure for a change.

Mike Hudson

Post by Mike Hudson » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:40 pm

i was thinking Addingham by pass so ride over to Bolton abbey and onto Addingham? Caravan 10-36 race comes thorough at 23-33Then home and down to the fan zone big screen for as much of the afternoon. Harrogate finish fastest ETA is 16-20

Mike Hudson

Post by Mike Hudson » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Typo the race is 12-33 at Addingham

Corinne

Post by Corinne » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:19 am

Hi Rich
Al , Dylan and I are up for your plans re sat as we need to get back for rest of the family too just let us know what you decide! Also I would like to join you on Friday as I'm not working so let me know when and where to meet.
Thanks
Corinne

gregkett

Post by gregkett » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:11 am

Rich your plan sounds like a good 'un to me. I'd be keen to join in the ride to Otley/Ilkley area (if the general concensus is that Harewood will be too congested) and then be able to have the afternoon back in Harrogate around the fan hub. We'll be BBQing in the evening (whatever the weather!) so anybody who fancies calling round for a beer (and the odd spare left-over sausage!) is welcome. we'll be up for a drink after the presentation on Thursday in Leeds as well.