Nova Reliability

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

duncan
Site Admin

Nova Reliability

Post by duncan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:54 pm

I assume people are doing it. Any meeting times?

Mantis

Re: Nova Reliability

Post by Mantis » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Yes, hoping too. I thought there was something on the forum about a meet, but I can't see it, so Big Mike has suggested meeting top of our road (Almsford Ave) for 9am. Seems a little early, so suggest we aim to set off pedaling for 9.10 latest??
At least then we can hopefully all set off together, is this ok??

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Sounds good to me. I think we were there a little early last year and it was freezing.

Rick

Post by Rick » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Any Knaresborough riders out...... Say 8.50 am at the Texaco garage....if there is no post to this then I wont be at the garage 8-)
Rick

Al Mitch

Post by Al Mitch » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Great riding by all today! How did it pan out at the sharp end, any novas in the mix at the end?

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Big Mike was smashing it on the front with Olympians, world champs & pros - 37 mph on A168!!

The selection was made on the Fountains climb as usual, with Greg & I getting gapped by the Brownlee group. 4 of us worked quite well back to Norwood. Not sure how far behind them we were? BM arrived 30 seconds after us :shock:

Great training & fantastic to see so many Nova jerseys :D

Thanks to Vaughan & Margaret for the organisation.

Simon

richp

Post by richp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:23 am

Great riding guys, looked good from afar :D

I kept with you lot until heading back into Ripon and got on the wrong side of the road and caught the headwind...couldn't get a wheel to hold and got shelled out the back, toodled for abit, waited for another group, where 4 of us worked over to fountains, about another 6 joined us at Drovers and kept with it until killinghall then legs started to cramp abit, so backed off and decided to call it a day and went for a greasy egg sarnie at my folks house at Ripley to mop up the remaining beer in my system from a fateful drinking spree the night before, which left me talking to the big white telephone and sleeping on the bathroom floor...unconscious! I wont be revisiting the rugby club for a while!! :lol:

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 am

We had a complaint from 2 cyclists (out for a ride) who had to dismount and get out of the way of the main group of cyclists who were riding across the road at Skelton (near Ripon) and Nova riders were mentioned. I do realise that riders from various clubs were involved and, perhaps, the Nova jerseys stood out in the pack. However, I obviously can't reprimand the cyclists from the other clubs but would mention that this was the Nova Reliability Trial and we do rely on our riders to set a reasonable standard of road awareness. We don't want complaints getting back to the Police as they may stop the event being run in future.