Please join us for our club ride round glorious Yorkshire, starting at 0830 from St Marys Walk.
The fast group will set off first should any wish to fall back (ie have been dropped) and join the following groups.
Please download map as it helps significantly when most know the route ahead.
As usual, there will be a few Groups:
- The Nova Train: Speed, attacking and pain is what its all about on the Train. If you need to ask the price of a Ticket, your legs cant afford it. 22mph+++
- B 17-21mph+ with regular time above 24mph on flats.
The B1 Group should be considered a notch down from the Nova Train and will likely be 'spicy' as the stronger riders gravitate to that group. Subject to Ride Captain guidance, would likely regroup at the top of climbs. This Group may suit people resting from the Nova Train or wishing to move up to the Nova Train.
B2 is likely to be a bit more steady, but nonetheless, could be tough. The pace will likely be more consistent with grouping on climbs possible, subject to Ride Captain guidance.
- C 14-18mph (GROUP SUBJECT TO DEMAND AND WHO TURNS UP - IF THIS PACE IS FOR YOU, PLEASE SUPPORT THE GROUP AND HELP US BUILD MOMENTUM FOR OTHER RIDERS.
Each Group will appoint a Group Captain (GC) on the morning, please support your GC on the ride as they govern pace etc.
GC and group depending, the last 15 miles could be a drop zone as the pace and stronger riders press on.
***Please observe the following guidance for all our safety and enjoyment***:
- As always, could be dropped, but no snot please!
- PLEASE NEUTRALISE WHEN RIDING THROUGH VILLAGES AND TOWNS
- We warmly welcome non-Nova riders and if you like the rides, banter and pace etc, please join our club to support its overall development.
- Please show courtesy to drivers wishing to get past and observe the Highway Code. We know the circumstances of the size of the group its speed and the nature of the road bring many variables to the ability for faster vehicles to pass safely.
- Single Out when the road narrows to allow safe passage of vehicles.
- When you sign up to join Harrogate Nova we ask that you "abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibly and sensibly. Riders are responsible for their own safety and must ride in a manner that is safe for themselves, other riders and road users".
Please refer to British Cycling Top tips for being courteous cyclists, covering a wide range of situations:
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowl ... -cyclist-0
Have a great ride.
Nova Club Ride - 17th September 2022 (0830 Start)
Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1