Nova Open 10 Saturday 24th September

The open 10 takes place on Saturday 24th September. HQ Arkendale Village Hall 2 pm.

Moderator: duncan

johnw

Re: Nova Open 10 Saturday 24th September

Post by johnw » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi Duncan,
I can help out. Whatever you need me to do, available to help put signs out as well.
John

woolveridge

Post by woolveridge » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi Duncan, put me down for a job preferably on course but anything is fine. Eve is happy to help out too if needed.

john.t

Post by john.t » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Sorry but I am away Duncan.

RBellerby

Post by RBellerby » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:29 am

Sorry Duncan, I will be abroad on holiday.
Hope you get enough volunteers
Richard

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:44 am

Thanks John and Ben,

also if Eve could help at HQ that would be good. I'm looking for another few volunteers to help lighten the load as we have double he riders we are used to it is a lot to ask to leave someone out on course for two hours. We also need a few spare in case someone can't make it on the day. So, please help.

EleanorH

Post by EleanorH » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi Duncan,
I've signed up to race (although not taking too seriously as not been riding my bike lately) so happy to bring some CAKE and happy to help with either tidying up after or something beforehand. Let me know what is best cheers Ele

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks Ele,

you can help to tidy away, so you don't have to worry before you race.

Startsheet and information attached.
Attachments
Nova10Startsheet2016.pdf
(604.66 KiB) Downloaded 1046 times

woolveridge

Post by woolveridge » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi Duncan, Eve is happy to help out at HQ and we'll have the kids with us to lend a hand too. Millie does good gluten free buns so I'll see if I can persuade her to cook a batch.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks everyone for volunteering. I'll post this on the forum too.

There are 80 riders, so almost double what we had in March and a good 20 more than last year. With this in mind I've tried to lessen the load, although I've not been snowed under with volunteers. I really appreciate your time. If anyone wants to swap or discuss roles then let me know, but this is what I've got:

Before:
I'm trying to locate the feather flags, but there will be some setting up before the event and sorting people out in the carpark. I will be at the hq at 12:30. It would be helpful to have everyone here by 13:30. The times below are the absolute latest, please be in position by this time.

At the finish - 14:40

Phil Hurt - finish time keeper.

Simon Cave - clerk at the finish. This is writing down the times from Phil the timekeeper. Occasionally write a few on a bit of paper and hand it to me to relay to the hq.

Number catcher Matt - write the numbers down of the riders who pass the finish and call them to the timer. Usually the timer sees them himself so it is a backup in case he misses. 14:40 at the finish.

Results relay Duncan - take periodic results from the clerk and phone them into the HQ

At the Start 14:20

Mike Penrice - start timekeeper
Rob and Tim - holders. There are 80 riders, which is a lot to hold one after the other. It's up to you how you want to divide it up.

Walshford 14:30
Andy, Ben 1st shift
Richard, John 2nd shift (get there 15:10)
Obviously you can sort this out between yourselves.

Two marshals, one on the entry to the roundabout signaling to head towards the west. One on the west exit to ensure the rider continues to the next exit north.
Take a pen and paper and write the number of each rider as they pass. This is because there has been an incident this season in an open event where a rider appears to have short cut a course (imagine I claimed I'd done 47:00 for the club 25 this year, as it was a similar course and a rider of similar ability). In that case the course had a few roundabout between the top and bottom ends. In our case it would require a rider to cut the course, but I think we should do it right. I'll try and remember to bring a couple of chairs because we have a couple of three peakers here, I've also doubled up so you should only have to do 40 minutes of the event (plus getting there at least ten minutes before). I'll try and remember to bring a coupke of chairs, but if youhave one it might be an idea to bring it.

Headquarters
Caroline, Bev, Eve
Caroline to sort the running of the event and Bev to sort the running of the kitchen with Eve to help. I'll let you sort out who is doing what but someone (Caroline?) needs to sort the results board and take my calls as the results come in.

Let me know of any mistakes, issues or changes. This is slightly different to the roles I put on the forum (which I'll change). Please reply to say you are still available.

Cheers

Duncan

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks to all the volunteers! It was a hectic day but I think it went by pretty well. A York Cycleworks 1-2 with Ed Nicholson and Richard Sharp but we had the women's winner with the inevitable Ele.

Good luck to Andy and Ben at the Peaks tomorrow, who spent their prep day helping out at the Open.

Results here:
Attachments
2016NovaOpen10Results.xlsx
(13.27 KiB) Downloaded 1071 times