Nova Open 24TT Results

The Nova Open will take place on Saturday 19nd March 2016. HQ Sharow Cricket Club.
duncan
Site Admin

Nova Open 24TT Results

Post by duncan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Results on TT forum.

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... try1357798

Not quite a course record for Al. Steve Berry (then of the indomitable Team Swift) did a short 52 in 2012. Seemed like a stiff day today to me though.

Well done all those that rode and thanks to all those that helped.

simon.cave

Re: Nova Open 24TT Results

Post by simon.cave » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks organisers/helpers. Great event again.
Just been sharply reminded why this discipline is known as testing!
Where did that wind come from? Had my visor snatched from my helmet by some sort of whirlwind blowing down the A168.
Also had the pleasure of being passed by Ali Wareham, unbelievable smoothness and strength. Absolute top class.

markQ

Post by markQ » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Well done to all the Nova riders. Some good early season form in the club. Is it me or is everyone just getting faster :shock:

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:02 pm

A nice post from our winner, Ali Wareham on TT Forum.

"Thanks to Duncan and all at Harrogate Nova for promoting this event. First time on the course and I really enjoyed it. Pretty technical in places with those sweeping bends through Sharow. Pity about the wind and temperature but we can't have it all our own way! Fantastic spread of cakes afterwards too. The cupcakes were delicious! "

Pictures here (I will sort them out on the web site).
https://picasaweb.google.com/1183989006 ... directlink

See if you see the bunny hop picture, it's an optical illusion that only really brainy people get. I also like the one of our camp marshals. :D

What is that green kit? I thought those two were in Nova.

EleanorH

Post by EleanorH » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Bit of a delayed response due to jollying off abroad soon after the event for my ironman, but I would also say big thanks to the club for a great event. Mr Mullier even lent me the jersey off his back at the 11th hour when I learned my Torq kit was not going to pass muster when racing as Nova!

Last time I did this route, I took a detour towards Thirsk so was pleased to stay on course this time. It was the perfect prep for the ironman to test whether the legs were ready (they were!), and now that I know how good the cake spread is at these events, I've been encouraged to enter Circuit of the Dales this weekend. Imagine my shock at seeing how antiquated the outlook is there on valuing women's racing. I know we don't do these things for the money as such, but it's a good job - I just hope the cakes are as good the other side of the Pennines! Anyway, chapeau to Nova for helping pave the way with the equal prizes - I look forward to hopefully seeing the positive impact on the continuing increase in numbers of female riders in our area. :)

Cheers, Ele

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:49 am

Well done in your ride in the Circuit of the Dales (in the most horrendous conditions), and for your Ironman event - although I don't know the result of that - we do admire you.
I'm going to put something on the web site about using Nova or plain tops in 'Open Events' - please don't think I'm aiming it at you, but I'd hate to see someone turned away from an event because they have the wrong top on - (it doesn't matter what you are wearing in club events).
Margaret