Results Site -Nova.Mullier.Me-

Club Kit, Club Records and Club Governance, General questions.

Moderator: duncan

Mike Hudson

Re: Results Site -Nova.Mullier.Me-

Post by Mike Hudson » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Instead of event 1 2 3 4 5 7 etc could you list all the events and then make a link. I have to guess which event i'm perusing

Also a date and weather on the result sheet would be good.

Your doing a good job Duncan

regards mike

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Hmmmmm, the problem with that is a technical one (although I may be wrong as I am not a web programmer). The radio buttons are made using html (which as I tell my students, is not a programming language), the results are done in PHP (which is), which pulls the data from a database. I can't make the html pull anything from the database and I don't know if there's a way to make it go straight for PHP (Dave do you know?). This is further complicated by each year not having exactly the same events so I can't just write them in. Currently the database has a cross reference to the courses. Maybe I can do something with this, I'm just not sure.

Yes, I will put date and weather. I even collect weather data myself from my Blackberry just before the event.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:00 pm

I've update the results site with a few new features.

Ladies' table is now separate. This requires "Lady" to be the rider's cat and 2010 and 2009 don't have them all correctly set yet, 2011 does because I went through it all.

"D" is displayed in the results for "DNF" instead of leaving it as if the rider didn't do the event.

Tables can now be generated for the past. Previously you could generate (and still can) for best n events, useful before 9 have been completed to compare against riders with differing event numbers. Now you can also set the last event number it uses. I.e. if you put in "5" then it's as if we have only completed 5 events, so you can go back and look at how the table has changed over time. No idea if anyone wanted that but now you've got it.

If you go to nova.mullier.me you might not get the updated page as your browser will have the old one in its cache. This will only affect the second text field needed for past tables.

You will see the proper page if you click this link http://nova.mullier.me/index.html

AlisonSarmiento

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:25 am

Hi Duncan the Ladies table doesn't seem to be working for 2012. I'm listed in with boys at the moment.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Fri May 10, 2013 2:12 pm

2013 Table and LTS Table now working (I had the motivation to fix it).

The direct link is in fact http://league.mullier.me/nova.php
This might be better on mobile devices as it doesn't have all the Nova frame gubbins around it.

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri May 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Nice work Duncan, seems to be working a treat. Will it end up as best 9 like the normal league?

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Fri May 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Like everything else I'm just making this up as I go along, but currently it is just like the main table and set to the best nine.

Ted

Post by Ted » Sat May 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Sounds good to me.