Way of the Roses - 170 mls in 12 hrs!

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

Eamon

Way of the Roses - 170 mls in 12 hrs!

Post by Eamon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi Everyone

I’ve not been around this season as recovering from a leg op & new commitments.

I would be very grateful if any of you could sponsor me on this (work-related) ride as per the attached. I’m planning on doing it on my own – but if there’s anyone else equally as mad, you’re very welcome to join me. I’m hedging my bets a bit on the exact day (being a soft southerner!) – but most likely 20 or 21 August. (Very short notice – but a stroll in the park for many of you!)

Best wishes
Eamon
WoR1.png

Lattern_Rouge

Re: Way of the Roses - 170 mls in 12 hrs!

Post by Lattern_Rouge » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Eamon, the link on the page does not appear to work, can you paste the link?

Thanks.

Eamon

Post by Eamon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi

I'm not sure what you mean. This is my attempt to put this info on the Forum. It appears under unread posts - I don't really understand if that's where it should be. The page link is http://www.harrogatenova.com/forum/view ... ?f=11&t=87 but that's probably not what you mean.

Thanks for your help
Eamon

Eamon

Post by Eamon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi All

I decided to go early and did the ride on Saturday - in 11 hrs 3 mins at avge of 15 mph – as per below. The route is quite interesting. Most of the climbing comes in the first 70 miles - the biggest climbs are coming out/over the moor to Airton and then Greenhow (so no big deal!). The route is fairly well signed – but clearly you need to do some good homework first so as to avoid any stopping/checking. The route goes through York – and I decided to forget that on a Saturday in August and skirted to the north. I would definitely recommend it as a good days run – you guys could doubtless do it in under 9 hrs!

If you'd like to sponsor me for that very worthy Harrogate Charity St Michael's Hospice - I'd be really very grateful. As you can see from the link this is a work thing tied in with walking the Lyke Wake (40 mls over NY moors on 3rd Sep):
http://www.justgiving.com/CNGWalkThisWay
Cheers
Eamon
WoR1.jpg
Attachments
WoR web2.gif.jpg