Airdale off, but we are ON!

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

duncan
Site Admin

Airdale off, but we are ON!

Post by duncan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 pm

Sod it, we are off out anyway to do the route. Mum, Greg made me do it. If anyone would like to make cakes for us in Knaresborough that would be nice. 8:30 at POW or 8:45 top of Almsford Avenue (Leeds Road before the dip down). I thought it best to post this in a thread with a different title.

simonkett

Re: Airdale off, but we are ON!

Post by simonkett » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks for doing this Duncan. See you at 8.45 top Almsford Ave

Simon

DaveWrightson

Post by DaveWrightson » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Assuming the roads are passable I'm going to do it too. As I'm realistically going to be dropped before the top of Leeds Road I'll just set off earlier and give you all a cheery wave as you come past, unless there's anyone else thinking of doing it at a steadier pace? Be good to know if you're planing a cafe stop in knaresborough?

markQ

Post by markQ » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Is there a Nova equivalent of Michael Fish out there?

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Cafe stop depends on how cold & wet we are Dave ! Any recommendations on cafes in knaresborough. Maybe the one near the boats on riverside?
Simon

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 am

The log cabin one right next to the river is nice.

DaveWrightson

Post by DaveWrightson » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:00 am

Just rain and sleet at the moment. Going to set off and see what it's like by Darley - wish I had a cross bike!

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Sorry guys, felt terrible today, aches & pains, so headed home to bed. Shame because it was such a nice day!

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 pm

It was an epic! Me, Greg, Simon, Paul, Niall and Russ Hepton set out. After a warm up on Norwood Edge, Paul eased home, then Simon and Niall turned right when they should have turned left at Burnt Yates. From there not a word was said and not a single turn missed as we did the rest of the route. I managed to crash on the way into the church and then a quick coffee at Marigold's whilst warming by the fire. A lovely day out, I'm so glad Greg made me do it.
Last edited by duncan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveWrightson

Post by DaveWrightson » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Not sure you guys even recognized when you came past just before Burnt Yates! (I'd just stopped to clean glasses). I could hear someone talking about sitting in front of the fire all afternoon and that almost made me turn off for home too!

Decided to carry on as I really need the mileage. Did the full route, but was struggling from Ripon - thought it was never going to end along the borough bridge road!

Feeling a bit disheartened that all the gains I made last year seem to have dissapeared - if anything I've gone backwards! Still early in the year I suppose