Otley Reliability Ride...

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

falcon

Re: Otley Reliability Ride...

Post by falcon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:20 am

Thanks Duncan I be at POW at 8am,Will be Great to see Big Mike On the Road

frosty

Post by frosty » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 am

I'll be there and will call by POW too just in case. I might be a bit sleepy. Can we stop for coffee? Or perhaps Richp can bring a thermos in his extra bottle holder?

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:04 am

I'm putting this notice in with the current Reliability Trial in the hope of people noticing it. I've had someone contact me regarding photographs taken in the Nova RT on 3rd Feb. He says there was photographers around the course and wondered if he had appeared on any photographs. I'm not aware of anyone taking photo's but said I would try and find out if anyone took some.
Margaret

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am

I saw Richard Pennock taking photos at Pennypot roundabout.

DaveWrightson

Post by DaveWrightson » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm doing this one too, but like mike will just see you on the road. Weather is looking great at the moment - hell of a lot better than last week anyway!

100k route is actually 90 according to the ridewithgps link.

Mike - happy to ride round at a steady pace to just get more mikes in :)

markQ

Post by markQ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Good luck to all those riding tomorrow. Looks a great day for it. Smash a few hills for me. I'm over in the Lakes, but will be thinking about the suffering being dished out in spades....enjoy...hope to see you all out soon.

Mark

Mike Hutchi

Post by Mike Hutchi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm riding through to the start also so hope to be at POW for 8

Darrell Varley

Post by Darrell Varley » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 am

There's a few photos from yesterdays ride here http://twitpic.com/c4lxzl

Think I can spot a few Nova jerseys!

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Well that was possibly the hardest 60 miles I've done for a long time!! An incredible turn out, there must have been 200 plus riders! The usual pro/elite suspects were there ensuring it was never going to be easy going for long, so I thought I'd take my opportunity and rode on the front for the first couple of miles, then thought better of it and drifted backwards as the air was so think it was like ploughing through treacle! Then past Bolton Abbey the pace went up and out the back I went!! Good to see plenty of Nova riders in the mix though. A sub group quickly formed and I joined up with Ricky P who between us took turns leading our group up the valley to Kettlewell in true Nova Train style! But my lack of miles were all too evident on the way back when all I could do was just about hang on. Then as soon as I arrived back in Otley, everyone else was just leaving to go back, so didn't even get a chance for coffee & cake! A great day out, I think! Just a shame there are some riders out there who seem to regard the reliability as a full on race and ride like twonks! Some guy in black tried to run me into the gutter twice and on the way back, people were running red lights, stupid!

richp

Post by richp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Agreed, awesome day out, so glad i made it as it was a close shave trying to put my bike back together the day before and wondering why i had bits left over?! anyway, as always the rise upto Burnsall saw me drifting backwards, although many others were doing the same apart from some 9 year old kid who drifted past me like i was stood still!! i clung on to the subgroup that Paul refered to and gamely took turns with Paul until i had realised hadn't eaten much, which was fine until Burnsall fell revisited on the way back home when the legs went, which was roughly at about the 2 hour mark which coincides nicely with the same amount of riding i have done all year?!! anyway, paul et al drifted on and i was left leading a sub-sub group of about 6 until cavendish turn when someone behind me took a flat on the bend and took out the rest of the group!! i stopped to flag down cars heading their way and when i saw their bikes were ok and they were howling like my 11 month old daughter, i thought best push on and nicely waited for Young Michaels group to roll past and i got going again. By this time the legs were cold, legs were smashed and i hung onto Young Michaals wheel until Ilkley when i then got a flat.....with PPP my spare was also knackered and so i had to do the walk of shame to JD's to buy the most expensive innertube on the planet, so by the time i got back to the chevin cycles, there was no cake or coffee left anyway!! loved every minute of it and made me realise how much i had missed cycling, so perhaps you may see me out on a ride again soon!! would love to hear what happened at the front of the group, there would have been a good group of nova boys there i am sure?