Sun 2nd SEPT!!

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

AlisonSarmiento

Sun 2nd SEPT!!

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:30 pm

It seems that confusion about dates continues in the Knaresborough members of Nova. In my previous post, I meant to enquire whether anyone was riding this Sunday 2nd Sept (not August), so in an attempt to keep things simple I've started another thread, so...

...is anyone out for a ride this Sunday (2nd Sept), preferably with some hills, in preparation for the Otley Sportive?
Alison

geoffmorgan

Re: Sun 2nd SEPT!!

Post by geoffmorgan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:31 am

I'll join you, Alison. 9.a.m. start from texaco garage, Knaresborough?
How about the following route?-
Masham, East Witton, over Coverdale to Kettlewell, Grassington, Burnsall, Duck Street and home.
Come on ,other Nova members, get yourself out!
Geoff

AlisonSarmiento

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:02 am

Great! see you at 9am tomorrow Geoff.
Alison

chriss

Post by chriss » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:07 am

Hi guys. I would be there but I'm at a wedding. I will then be heading off to centre parcs. However I will be back to the cyclocross race on Sunday.

Alison can you ask ted to text me if he need to get hold of me as the signal there is rubbish. Thanks

Have a great ride the route looks great.
Chris Spittal
HG1
:-)

AlisonSarmiento

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Superb ride today! Thanks to Martin for joining us and Geoff for a super route. Great scenery, hills, weather and company. A really enjoyable ride in the sunshine. 135km, 1700m of climbing. Thank you. Alison

geoffmorgan

Post by geoffmorgan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 am

Great ride yesterday. Flattish route to Masham and then the hills started. Up to Ellingstring(taking care over the ford) then exciting, if scary descent (loose gravel about) to Jervaux. On to East Witton then over Coverdale (head wind) with its superb scenery to Kettlewell for a nice cafe stop after 47 miles.Lovely ride down to Grassington with a tail wind,then on to Burnsall. Through Appletreewick, then up the long climb out of Skyreholme and up past Stump Cross to Greenhow.We 'time trialled' down Duck Street paced by Martin on the front and on to Hampsthwaite and home. This got us up to a respectable av. speed of 15.0mph for the 84 miles.Good training for Alison who is doing the Otley sportive in a week.
Thanks for your company, Alison and Martin.
Geoff

martin

Post by martin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks Alison for organising and Geoff for the route....Fantastic ride, enjoyed it, although still suffering, leg wise and may do for quite a few days to come ;)