Meet the man!

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

Mantis

Meet the man!

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Greg, Si K, Big Mike & myself have entered the Ride with Brad sportive this Sunday if anyone else fancies it - 100 mile route (shorter one available) with separate timed climbs. We are aiming to set off riding just before 8am.
Starts & finishes in Barnoldswick.
Bit pricey at £40 but a chance to see the main man, maybe even get close to those sidies!!

http://www.bradleywigginsfoundation.org/site/

markQ

Re: Meet the man!

Post by markQ » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Looks a great route and Wiggo has pulled out of the Tour of Denmark, just to ride with you guys! Can't make it unfortunately and not sure I'm ready to break my sportive duck with you guys yet!

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:21 am

It was a great ride, roads were amazing with some really long climbs. Organisation was great, we just missed setting off with Brad who started 2 minutes behind us, so we never got to see him, but the roads were lined with people, incredible atmosphere!
Greg was 4th in the KOM competition!! Big Mike & Greg finished 4th & 5th, in 5.46 only 14 mins down on fastest time & 9 mins off Paul Oldham!! Simon & myself both suffered with cramp in the last few miles, but I was chuffed to finish in 15th in 5.56 & Si in 21st ,6.03. Great event & organisation, thoroughly recommend it.

markQ

Post by markQ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Awesome rides by all, great stuff, Mark