Club rides

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

duncan
Site Admin

Club rides

Post by duncan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:22 pm

This now cannot be viewed by non-members, or members who are not logged in.

I have removed references to club rides on the main web site. The committee are currently discussing club rides. I think it is probably appropriate to keep as low a profile as possible, so please try and avoid large groups both gathering and on the road. Let's not have a massive group of Nova shirts riding though town.

Any thoughts welcome.

duncan
Site Admin

Re: Club rides

Post by duncan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 pm

Having received various correspondence and seen the rapid changing of circumstances on an hourly basis it is appropriate to advise against all club rides.

Sport England are saying that exercise, including cycling, is advisable. It is the group nature that is considered a risk. Harrogate Nova should not be seen at this time to be promoting any group activity. I would ask that members do not advertise for participants for rides.

There doesn't seem to be anything to train for and since hard training can reduce your immune system it is wise to hold back.

Keep your hands clean and stay calm.

Duncan
Chair

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Thanks for the clarification Duncan.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:13 pm

There has been a big backlash over the weekend generally against groups in the Yorkshire area and beyond. Please do not ride in groups, for the safety of the population at large.