Nova Mini Tour weekend to Whitby - 15/16 Sept 2012

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

richp

Re: Nova Mini Tour weekend to Whitby - 15/16 Sept 2012

Post by richp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Meet points tomorrow are;
POW 10:30, empress rbout 10:35, texaco 10;50.
Aim is to head off on roads I've not done much on before and then up and over moors, we can make it up as we go depending on legs but if tomorrow is looking good may want a longer one tomorrow and a shorter day on Sunday! I have a plan of sorts and a map and that is all that matters...just as long as we make the charity shops before nighfalll! See you tomorrow, exciting!

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Top weekend chaps!

Stunning scenery, great roads & good banter..!

When's the next one??

peteshep

Post by peteshep » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:34 am

Many thanks to Rich for organising the weekend and the route.
Really good weekend had by all; Quite roads, great cycling and good weather, although I did get the chance to finally test my jacket cycling home from Harrogate. Good to see Paul had the bottle to go for the 'charity shop' option regarding clothing, that would have been interesting if Sainsbury's weren't open! I'm looking forward to a re-match for the Dalby forest sprint, next time....

We'll have to do the West coast next time or the Lakes prehaps.

Pete

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 am

Gents, a great weekend thank you. Rich, great routes & the YHA was really good. All credit to Rich, Pete, Sam & Andy for carrying rucksacks over 95 hilly miles on the way there, particularly Sam & Andy who seemed to have packed most of their wardrobe including the wardrobe!I'm still disappointed that despite all the rhetoric, you didn't take your chances with the Whitby charity shops !! Thank goodness for Sainsburys, that's all I can say! The way home was an epic into that head wind, 83 miles of through and off - my legs are still hurting!
Til the next next one.... cheers, Paul.