Sat 22nd Dec

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

petewatson

Re: Sat 22nd Dec

Post by petewatson » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:06 pm

I'm in, rare outing from my turbo dungeon

MCullen

Post by MCullen » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:16 pm

I’m sensing another Solo ride tomorrow with the calibre of tomorrow’s pack.

gregkett

Post by gregkett » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Count me in chaps!

jerome.m

Post by jerome.m » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Looks like a nice steady ride..count me in

BruceWalker

Post by BruceWalker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Shreddies for breakfast, shredded by lunch. See you there.

tony.t

Post by tony.t » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:00 pm

I’m back in. Fitness took a hit with illness for the last couple of months; I’ll hang on as long as I can. TT.

petewatson

Post by petewatson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Gents, hope you all had a great ride.
Bit of a confusing one, seems getting told off for either too fast or too slow, which is odd as I'm happy climbing and also fairly decent at flat land riding
Nevertheless I was enjoying catching up with nice folk who I rarely get to see, that was up until I got left behind whilst having a piss. .. Not very festive. Don't mind being dropped by lack of fitness but to just be left with my chap in my hand is a bit shit. Turned down a ride with friends this morning too but won't do next time. I remember why I don't go on the 'club run'.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:31 pm

I feel bad about this and as Chair feel I should say something.

If a ride is posted as a club ride then there should be some reasonable respect for all riders. As a non regular myself it is apparent that some riders get different treatment than others. I think a lot accept that they are hanging on for as long as possible and that is fine. But there was very little waiting at junctions today. I had a bit of a chase at Otley after my gears got stuck.

On the other hand there were more than the usual number of riders today and it was getting hard to track who was where. I think it wouldn't harm though to just be aware of where people are where possible and listen out for messages like "so and so has turned off" or "toilet stop needed".

Merry Christmas everyone.

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Sorry to hear about this Pete.
Today was not representative of a standard ride as there were so many riders & it was difficult to keep tabs.
There were several regroups. We waited at Burnsal, but there was no sign of you & assumed you had turned off at Bardon Towers. We also regrouped at the top of Skyerholme & also Duck Street.
As it turned out you were actually well ahead of us.
Quite of few of us had a good post ride social back at Prologue too which is what we normally do.
It was good to see you today & I hope to see you again on a club fast ride.

Simon

petewatson

Post by petewatson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:08 pm

I watched you all sail away from the A59 roundabout, I dug in for a bit but lost interest and did end up turning early at Bardon Towers. I'd have really liked a social after. Thanks for posting and likewise good to see you also, have a great Christmas.