The not so fast ride (note different start point)...

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

m.morris

The not so fast ride (note different start point)...

Post by m.morris » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:17 pm

I may have to change the description of this ride, it can sound a bit negative since we're all capable of riding fast. Thats what happens when your point of reference is set high!

Anyway, tomorrow is the Club Open 10 TT so I appreciate some people may have marshalling responsibilities. I need to be there at about 2:30 for pushing off duty but that still leaves a healthy amount of time to get the ride in.

It's a mild/cool sunny day and perfect for a change and heading West :o . Here's the route:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/20990501

52 miles round trip from Harrogate over to Greenhow and down to Howgill and Bolton Abbey. Then back via Otley and Fewston and end at Prologue. Circa 16mph. A break can be taken at either Bolton Abbey and the Pavillion by the river or we can save it until Prologue (my preference as its a hilly route and best to crack on).

Meeting point is at 0915 at the EMPRESS PUB in HARROGATE, not the usual meeting point in Knaresbrough.

atregidgo

Re: The not so fast ride (note different start point)...

Post by atregidgo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:29 pm

See you there Mark 👍

m.morris

Re: The not so fast ride (note different start point)...

Post by m.morris » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Good work! A bit lumpier than last weeks run out. Glorious day for it.