Anyone riding this Sat (17th dec)?

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

BigMike

Anyone riding this Sat (17th dec)?

Post by BigMike » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, as i nearly sued Tony on Sunday with the absolute false advertising for Sundays "leisurely" ride, (especially as i nearly lost my breakfast going up the cow and calf) i thought i better post in the fast ride. I considered Moderate but then realised Greg, Simon and the Mantis would probably be out so what was the point!!!

Anyone fancy riding on Sat morning? Reality is we will probably meet around 08:30 at POW (weather permitting) kick each other in for 3 hours then home for 12:00 ish for lunch and a warm bath! :-) Let me know if anyone is around. happy to flex as needed

BM

Lattern_Rouge

Re: Anyone riding this Sat (17th dec)?

Post by Lattern_Rouge » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Excuse me.............
but if my memory serves me we tootled around at 16.3mph and........ but for a certain member of the club who will remain nameless, but they weigh about 100 kilos and they don't do "white" in their atire, it would have been a bit slower.

phrases like "come on Brads get around them and up the pace" were uttered by this individual and then the famous "I'm blown.... you boys can leave me and make your own way home... without me !"Which was followed 5 seconds later by a hulk of a figure flying past us on a bike, up the hill from Kirby Overblow to the southern bypass.

Good ride all the same and yes the climb up to the Cow and Calf did blow away the cobwebs.

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:39 pm

ha ha ha it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me! :-)

Agree Tony, fantastic ride though, felt good to get the cobwebs out! thing is, those dam spiders (read into that porkpie and chocolate spiders!) seem to set a load more each week... one day i hope to be cobweb free

Good to ride with you again, dont make it long until the next time! hope you manage to get into the dragon as a french man!!! makes me sick :-)

Anyone keen for tomorrow then? Possible 9am call from GK

BM

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi Mike,
Unlikely to make it tomorrow, but will text to confirm in the morning.
Will be out on Sunday for the Xmas ride out though. Are you riding?

Simon