Chemo Classic

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

Lattern_Rouge

Re: Chemo Classib

Post by Lattern_Rouge » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:56 am

Blimey Wilbers you are risking it a bit aren't you?!!!

Compulsary coffee stop??????

You do realise that you'll be visited in the middle of the night by the Nova Elite, dragged from your bed & be cast in chains whilst be being forced to ride an Ordinary over Park Rash, for such blasphemous comments.

You really are a brave soul.

Mantis

Re: Chemo Classic

Post by Mantis » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 am

I've counted 14 Nova riders plus Smalsey entered so far, must be a record! We've certainly got the most entered from any one club, any more takers??! Lets hope for decent weather! Cheers, Paul.

chriss

Post by chriss » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi guys.

I really want to do the ride but I'm in need of some distance training before hand and some hill training too. I went up greenhow on Saturday and went mountain biking Sunday and broke my seat post so the 13 miles stood up should help.
Any tips on the ride for a newbie would be good. What are the hill like on the day and should I prepare to do it in any time or just do it and see. If it takes me too long I won't make the. Club dinner. Lol
Can I enter on the day???
Thanks all
Chris Spittal
HG1
:-)

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:00 pm

I entered on the day last year but they didn't list me under Nova as presumably they couldn't be bothered to put day enterant's clubs in. I totally under estimated it last year and rode a heavy week going in, but it isn't the Etape du Dales. A climb over park rash to Kettlewell then a moderate climb after Buckden and a very long but not too steep climb 2/3 of the way round after the stop. There are a lot of little climbs though. There is also a shorter route in the last quarter. I did the longest track stand in my life as I contemplated the sign for it, in the end I thought I'd probably over take Paul L, Simon and Greg if I took it so did the long one.

I was going to enter on the day but that's likely to result in a lie in, so I'm going to enter beforehand.

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Chris, I havent done this exact ride before but i have ridden most of the hills on it at some point or other and it will be a tough ride but you could definitley do it. Get yourself around the patley area ,up lofthouse, green how, church bank etc. these are all perfect hills for it. At the end of the day its about giving it a go and doing your best, the time doesnt really matter and the harder it is, the better the beer will taste.

It would be great if we could all look to set off together, A NOVA train from the start would be impressive! With it being the day of my stag, and me needing to get back in decent time, a couple of the lads have kindly agreed to start sharpish at 08:30. If the NOVA team are up for it, it would be fantastic to all start together?

Mike

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:11 pm

16 Nova riders entered now, plus Rob S & Duncan said they are entering so that makes 18! Impressive! Could be a good photo op!

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi Chris,

I hear you had a good hilly ride at the weekend. Another one like that next week & a couple of turbo sessions should stand you in good stead.

As Mike & Duncan said there are about 3 big climbs, but lots of other short sharp ones which are pretty wearing. Make sure you stop at the feed station & get some good food & grub.

If the weather is rubbish or you're having a bad day the shorter option is signposted.

It's a good event & the roads are fantastic.

frosty

Post by frosty » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:54 pm

I can't make this one unfortunately as I'm working up in Scotland. Shame, I usually ride those roads in winter time and they're lovely and quiet. Just as well it's not park rash from kettlewell though...

Will be about this weekend for club run hopefully. Haven't seen a bike in ages that isn't singlespeed.

john.t

Post by john.t » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Just sent my entry (on-line). It is filling fast. There were only 3 places left when I sent mine. Not sure if I will get in.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:02 pm

The BC site is crap and wont let me enter because I don't have my full details in and you can only change them by emailing them. My cheque is ready to go but hasn't gone so it looks like I'll save fifteen quid and get to ride on public roads anyway.