Chemo Classic

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

BigMike

Re: Chemo Classic

Post by BigMike » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Good man Malc, just take some paracetamol and crack on. officical rule is if its a sore throat dont do it but if its anything in the head,nose upper chest etc it will be fine, in fact may help to clear....... as long as you dont seriously over push it......... oh well, last big ride of the season :-) See you tom about 08:15 ish

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:49 pm

as long as you dont seriously over push it
That's why I'm not doing it. Disagree about the chest. Anything lower than the throat is a no. It's just not worth the risk of being ill for an extra week for me.

malcolm010

Post by malcolm010 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:26 pm

can t see myself not pushing it ,not really in my nature ,ah well just mixed up a water bottle with carb drink and lem sipp s x3 should work ,hope the weather improves

BigMike

Post by BigMike » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:25 am

yeah Duncan, maybe not a wise idea if its too much on the chest!! See you all there. BM

malcolm010

Post by malcolm010 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:00 am

Enjoyed the chemo the lemsip in the water bottle helped lol
finished under 4 hours about 10th and 2nd over 50, 30 min down on Greg lol and the rest of the flying nova boys ,Not done that climb up to Grinton before really suffered on that one ,flew up the last climb on the long route and a great down hill finish to Richmond ,
Think i could have pushed on a bit harder on the flat but with not riding some off the route was nt sure what was coming ,
Great Turn out from Nova and the other Harrogate clubs,some good photo soff the ladies on site
positive end to what has being a crap season this year
malcolm

john.t

Post by john.t » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:31 am

It looks as though Nova got 1st overall, 1st lady, 1st senior, 1st over 40, 1st over 50 and 1st over 60. And 8 riders in the first 9. Pretty good going gang. :D
I am just hoping there are not any other 60+ not listed. I really pushed it this year. An improvement of 1h 15min from 2009 and 41st place. Quite pleased. 8-)

malcolm010

Post by malcolm010 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:14 pm

some off the top 10 times did nt do the long route took the easy way home

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks Malcolm and John, any detail really helps me to write a report, especially when I was too lazy to get out of bed and be there. Well done everyone. Can someone do a top ten for the news report which takes into account who did the hard way and who did the easy way? Pictures please too.

Mantis

Post by Mantis » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Just like to say how much I enjoyed it yesterday, it was a great day. Being able to ride with the Nova train again was fantastic, a big thanks to Greg, Big Mike & Si K who did a lot of work on the front but extra thanks to Greg, who rescued me on a couple of occasions when the elastic snapped on some of the climbs! Pete Shep aka Dave, you rode really well, you make the climbs look flat! Ride of the day goes to Simon T in my book, an hour off last years time - very impressive! I think my most vivid memory, apart from the general suffering, was tonking along from Kettlewell to Buckden with Big Mike on the front doing 25-26mph, then Greg taking over and increasing the speed to 27-28 mph! I was sat on his wheel barely hanging on when he flicked his elbow for me to come through - I just laughed! Well done to all,everyone did fantastic times. It was great to chat to Alex Dowsett & Ben Swift after, really nice, down to earth blokes, I hope they both have a great future. I'll send the photo with some of us and them along with the club dinner photos to Duncan to put on the website seeing as I'm useless at doing it!

Mike Hudson

Post by Mike Hudson » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:32 am

I ve emailed Dunan the Chemo result sheet that the organisers kindly allowed to be sorted on time as well as entry No. Its on pdf from so the non starters 44 of them appear first, then Greg is the fastest finisher. Yes i was one who missed off the last climb an extra 1.4 miles to be precise. Not ashamed at all as i may be the fastest finisher in the "stopping for coffee category", which easily makes up for the additional 1.4m at 14mph lets say 6 -7 mins.. I dug deep up coverdale and Park Rash and could see the long line out led by Mr Worden up Wharfedale and realised then it was futile. So pleased to finish 8-9 mins down on the Nova front runners. After massive efforts on Coverdale it was caught by no 59 who started about 5 minutes behind the Nova group and may have ridden most of the ride on his own. He was seriously quick coming down Wensleydale and I just hung on for grim death at 28 mph and had a very hard last 10miles with him which finished me off. So why spoil a good ride + it wasn't the same route as last year. A great November ride one to remember. Mr Beverdidge (59) of Sunderland needs inviting to start with NOva next year. Fitness really going down the plug hole now :cry: