Tuesday evening Group ride

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

ianc

Re: Tuesday evening Group ride

Post by ianc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:27 pm

I was tempted next week, but after reading Tony's comments, nothing's changed, ill give it a miss now, I can go for a ride on my own any time!!!

Paul_C

Post by Paul_C » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:57 am

The pace isn't too fast, it is training after all and meant to hurt, but that circuit is just too hard for a proper chain gang.. in my opinion if you want it to be a good group session that a good mix of abilities can join in then simply go up and down Pennypot.. It'll still be tough but this way riders can work or sit in if they like and if anyone does get dropped they can rejoin it when the group passes again ?

joket

Post by joket » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:34 pm

I think Tuesday nights ride was unusual in that there were a lot of fast / fit riders there. Last year we had more of a mix of abilities / fitness & it usually broke down into a couple of groups.

S

markQ

Post by markQ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Anyone dishing out pain this evening?

martin

Post by martin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Come on Nova riders don’t be put off by the elitist comments, which incidentally is why the second group has never really got going! We were all agreed to stay together last week….. :(
We can form our own groups and ability levels at the start and ‘yes’ wait at the peaks to regroup, we share the efforts no matter up or down and ride a good average pace so come on and give it a try. But this only works if we get enough riders; otherwise we are left with trying to hang on to the fast guys. :roll:
Come NOVA riders….fingers crossed for a clear sky @6.45h
8-)

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Sorry can't make it tonight Martin.

Simon

t.k.tony

Post by t.k.tony » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi martin. Not riding tonight have a good one.
I have been thinking what mite sort this problem we have with the fast /slow groups would be a Australian pursuit. Wear the slower group go off with a time advantage that would bring together the slower and faster group together for the sprint finish. For the first time we do it the slower group will do one lap. We can start with a 12 minutes advantage to start with and go from there. We will need someone to time us this will only work if we get enough rider's on the night so that the stronger rider's in the group can share the effort. So have a think about it and we will give it a try next Tuesday. You never know in two or three weeks we may all be riding in one group. The longer we do this type of riding the fitter we will get and the faster we will get. 6-45 for 7-0 pm start. TK..

markQ

Post by markQ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Stuck at work. Hope to make next week

tallshawn

Post by tallshawn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:42 am

Hope to be there tonight. I am working until at least 5:30, but even if I am late, I'll go around backwards until I meet the group.

Regarding the abilities mix - I have thought that if had one group start off going up towards the recycling center and a stronger group go down to the roundabout then pursue, that would give an ~ one mile advantage. Once they were back together, we could then work to stay together.

t.k.tony

Post by t.k.tony » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Sorry can't make it to night. My I've got a poorly knee. I will be out for a week or two.
I think the fast group will be able to do 12.5 miles in 25 minutes. Duncan dun 27 something on is tod so the fast group should be able to do average 25 mph. :ugeek: TK.