"Club" Moderate ride Sun. Dec 1st

Anyone participating in a club ride, whether a club member or not, must abide by the Highway Code, ride responsibility, sensibly and respect other road users at all times. Please remember your behaviour on the bike reflects on the club, even if other road users don't share the same courtesy to you.

Moderator: duncan

dennis

"Club" Moderate ride Sun. Dec 1st

Post by dennis » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:45 pm

After last Sundays success (8 riders) lets get the ball rolling for next Sunday's ride. Get your club Nova kit on and get down to the Stray!
Fast lads - moderate recovery ride after Saturdays thrash? ;) ?
Dont worry Mod riders this is a group ride (if more than 1!) no one gets dropped.
9.15am ??????? POW.

Looking forward to putting more faces to names.

Dennis

AlisonSarmiento

Re: "Club" Moderate ride Sun. Dec 1st

Post by AlisonSarmiento » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:11 pm

I can't join you this week Dennis as I am pit monkey for Ted in Milton Keynes. Hope it goes well and continues to grow. Looking forward to joining you in the not too distant future.

frosty

Post by frosty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:01 pm

I would ordinarily be out for a ride on sunday but I am marshalling a rally over in Dalby. But the main thing is that if you want to ride, please post and let Dennis know. There were loads out last week who didn't post (and it happens on the fast rides too).

Have a good ride.

duncan
Site Admin

Post by duncan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:55 pm

I may venture out as well as Saturday, should anybody be there at either. I have to echo Frosty's words, if it looks like no one is turning up then I won't risk it. I will behave myself but it might be good to have a route where those that need to be back by dinner time can be.

dennis

Post by dennis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Bedale's been mentioned. Is that suitable for those who want to split to get home early Duncan?

Dennis

john.t

Post by john.t » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Not sure about Sunday cafes in Bedale Dennis. The only one I know is rather small. The one at Thorpe Perrow may be open.
I am up for a ride, weather permitting. Last week was good.

t.k.tony

Post by t.k.tony » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:38 pm

HI. IAM 0UT SUNDAY. TK.

simonkett

Post by simonkett » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Dennis,
Bedale is quite a long ride, particularly for this time of year.
Favourite cafes in the fast group are Boroughbridge, Easingwold, Ripon, Fountains Abbey, Burnsall, Otley, Cavendish Pavillions / Buffers & Pateley Bridge.
All of these can be fitted into a two/three or four hour ride which means that people with family or other commitments can get back for early afternoon. It also means that if the weather turns bad you can usually head directly back to Harrogate quite quickly.
Please don't think I'm being critical - it's just based own experience.
Wherever you get to hope you have a good ride :D

Simon

dennis

Post by dennis » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:20 am

Simon - Yes thanks for the input and much appreciated advice. Best give Bedale a miss then. Perhaps a circuitous route to stop at Tadcaster via Kirkby Over, Sicklinghall ,Wetherby, Boston Spa etc and back via Cowthorpe - Boroughbridge? I'll need help with directions wherever as I'm brilliant at going the wrong way! This is just an idea if someone else wants to take up the mantle by all means do!

john.t

Post by john.t » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:05 pm

+1 to Simon's comments. Good to have a chance to bailout if the weather turns. My record is 61 miles to Ripon and never more than about 15 miles from home.